Jarrell’s Cove Cemetery Board Responsibilities
- Determine whether the deceased is eligible to be buried in the cemetery. Must be a resident of the island or a spouse there-of.
- Go with the family and stake the site.
- If it is to be a burial, will need to put in four stakes; one at each corner of the grave which is 4’x8′ allowing 1′ between adjacent grave sites.
- The family is to be given a copy of the cemetery history and the “Rules & Guidelines.”
- Determine whether there’s to be a graveside service and/or a memorial luncheon.
- On the day of the graveside service raise the flag on the flagpole and put up the cemetery signs.
- The Funeral Director will make arrangements for a backhoe to dig the grave if planned along with the cement liner required by law. Ashes following cremation may be buried by the relatives in the Memorial Garden or on the spouse’s grave as determined in #2 above.
- Mark the map to show the site and in the records book, note the deceased’s name, birth and death dates. If there’s to be a reservation for a spouse, so specify.