HARSTINE ISLAND COMMUNITY CLUB
BOARD MINUTES January 4, 2018
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: All
Visitors: Pam Stephens, Brenda Cowley
Call to order: 7:05
Introduction of members and guests
Board minutes of Nov. 30, 2017 corrected and approved
Treasurer’s report of December 2017 approved. Rental fee notices have gone out.
- Conflict of Interest statements (posted on website) were signed by all members
- Board member list was updated
- A list of contacts for activities and events is being prepared for posting
- Hall Manager list of duties and rules was discussed. The Hall Manager:
- Keeps website and calendar up to date
- Goes over policies with private rentals
- Unlocks hall for private renters and inspects when event is over
- Collects payment from renters (may use credit “square”) collected and returned to Treasurer.
- Coordinates usage of hall fairly. No usage is assigned unless Hall Manager approves.
- Coordinates with the annual HICC calendar so dates match.
- Coordinates cleaning with hired housekeeper.
- A motion was made that the rental fees remain at $100 per day for club members in good standing (dues paid for previous 2 years) and $200 for non-members. A $100 refundable deposit will be required of all private rentals. The motion passed
- Sandy reported the Cemetery had received a “Place of Historic Interest” plaque from Mason County. Gary Benz and Mike Plomski will see to its mounting and installation. An explanatory plaque will also be posted which will be paid for out of the Cemetery funds if the Mason County Historical Committee funds are not available. Cemetery clean-up will be the Saturday before Memorial Day. Elaine Ireland will get flags for the graves of veterans.
- The Fire District is moving ahead on the generator. We still have no cost estimate.
- We need someone to back up our website manager
- A 50th year Bridge Celebration is being planned
- Raising the bond covering the board from $50,000 to $500,000 is being investigated.
Adjourned 8:20 PM
Inquiring minds January 28 at 1:30.
Next membership meeting January 12, 2018
` Hosts: Sandy and Ken Kramer, Lee Strom, board members
Program: Sherriff’s Department, high school robotics, new high school bond