Community Hall Usage Policies
All Hall usage must be first approved by the Hall Manager.
The Community Hall is available for rental (including the kitchen). People who have been HICC members for six or more months can rent the Hall for $100. Others can rent the Hall for $200. There is a a policy for usage and cleaning up after an event.
Non-Profit Usage Policy
Non-profit corporations may use the Community Hall for programs of general public interest. To receive approval, the organization must submit a request to the Board describing what they plan to do. Board approval must be obtained before the event is scheduled. Upon Board approval, scheduling should be coordinated with the Hall manager.
To be approved, the event should be of general public interest. In addition, the event should NOT be a fundraiser for the organization. If the organization wants to use the Hall for a fundraiser, they need to follow the general policy for use of the Hall (HICC members $100, non-members $200).
The organization must pay a $25 fee to cover costs associated with the use of the Hall.
While fundraising is not permitted, the organization may ask for donations to help defer the $25 fee.
Failure to clean up after the event will result in the organization forfeiting its right to use the Hall in the future.
Hall Usage and Clean Up Rules
Hall Manager: Linda Roberge (253-255-4690)
- Do NOT use materials that may stain floors or walls. (i.e. crepe paper)
- Do Not use decorations that will be hard to clean up. (i.e. glitter, confetti)
- Remove all tacks, nails, tape and staples used.
- Clean tabletops. When clean and dry, replace tables in table racks and put chairs away on chair racks.
- Straighten and return all items to proper place.
- Sweep or dust mop wood floors. Mop up spills.
- Vacuum all carpeting, including entry mats.
- Clean up all trash inside and outside the building.
- Empty garbage cans in kitchen and bathrooms.
- Trash from private parties must be removed from the hall and disposed of off site.
- Clean toilets and sinks.
- Sweep and mop floors (water only)
- Turn off hot water to bathrooms.
- Turn off oven and stove burners.
- Scrape and wash coffee pots, utensils, cooking and serving wares.
- Place dishes in dishwasher/sterilizer and use according to posted instructions.
- Clean counter tops and kitchen sink.
- Wipe off Stovetop and inside of microwave.
- Sweep and mop clean kitchen floor. (Water only)
- Private parties: leave soiled linens on kitchen counter.
- Community Club functions: Launder soiled items at home and return.
- Turn off all lights.
- Lock all doors.
- Private Parties- Notify Hall Manager once clean up is complete.
Recycle aluminum cans. ONLY aluminum cans may be placed in the recycle bins outside.