Community Hall Usage Policies
All Hall usage must be approved by the Hall Manager.
The Community Hall is available for rental (including the kitchen). Hall rental is $100.00 for HICC members in good standing.(Good standing is Island residents who have been a member of HICC for 2 years or longer). Others can rent the Hall for $200.
Rental Fee is per day or event (if less than a day).
Refundable Cleaning Deposit. $100.
Non-Profit Usage Policy
Non-profit corporations may use the Community Hall for programs of general public interest. To receive approval, the organization must submit a request to the Board describing what they plan to do. Board approval must be obtained before the event is scheduled. Upon Board approval, scheduling must be coordinated with the Hall manager.
To be approved, the event should be of general public interest. In addition, the event should NOT be a fundraiser for the organization. If the organization wants to use the Hall for a fundraiser, they need to follow the general policy for use of the Hall (HICC members $100, non-members $200).
The organization must pay an additional $25.00 fee to cover costs associated with the use of the Hall.
While fundraising is not permitted, the organization may ask for donations to help defer the $25.00 fee.
Failure to clean up after the event will result in the organization forfeiting its right to use the Hall in the future.
Hall Usage and Clean Up Rules
Hall Manager: Lee Strohm 360-432-0136
- Do NOT use materials that may stain floors or walls. (i.e. crepe paper)
- Do Not use decorations that will be hard to clean up. (i.e. glitter, confetti)
- Remove all tacks, nails, tape and staples used.
- Clean tabletops. When clean and dry, replace tables in table racks and put c chairs away on chair racks.
- Straighten and return all items to proper place.
- Sweep or dust mop wood floors. Mop up spills.
- Steam mop kitchen, dinning and bathroom floors
- Vacuum all entry mats.
- Clean up all trash inside and outside the building.
- Empty garbage cans in kitchen and bathrooms.
- Trash from private parties must be removed from the hall and disposed of off site.
- Clean toilets and sinks.
- Sweep and steam mop only
- Turn off hot water to bathrooms.
- Turn off oven and stove burners.
- Scrape and wash coffee pots, utensils, cooking and serving wares.
- Place dishes in dishwasher/sterilizer and use according to posted instructions.
- Clean counter tops and kitchen sink.
- Wipe off Stove top, Fan and inside of microwave.
- Sweep and steam mop kitchen floor. (Steam Mop only)
- Private parties: leave soiled linens on kitchen counter.
- Community Club functions: Launder soiled items at home and return.
- Turn off all lights.
- Lock all doors.
- Private Parties- Notify Hall Manager once clean up is complete.
Recycle aluminum cans. ONLY aluminum cans may be placed in the recycle bins outside.