Harstine Island Community Club
Legal Designation and By-Laws
The Corporation is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code. The Corporation is also a Washington State Nonprofit Corporation pursuant to RCW, Chapter 24.03.
The full text of the By-Laws can be seen HICC_Bylaws.
Effective April 1, 2018, HICC Bylaws shall be amended: The Board of Directors shall consist of eleven (11) persons and shall include the office of Hall Manager, who shall be a full voting member of the Board.
- The Hall Manager’s duties shall be as follows:
- Keep all Hall calendars up to date. (Website and manual calendar).
- Review Hall rental rules with renters of private parties.
- Meet people at the Hall to unlock the building and go back after event’s to ensure everything is in order.
- Collect and deliver Hall rental money to the HICC Treasure.
- Coordinate Hall usage between all Hall users to ensure fairness.
- Work with person coordinating the Yearly Hall Calendar to ensure the events on the HICC Calendar are correct.
- The Hall Manager shall be elected for a term of one year by members. Manager shall not serve more than two consecutive terms unless approved by the board